What technologies are used?
- Cookies – A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables features and functionality. Any browser visiting our sites may receive cookies from us or cookies from third parties. Third parties may also place cookies in your browser when you visit non-Sunburst sites. We use session cookies. Session cookies last only as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
- Pixels – A pixel is a tiny image that may be found within web pages and emails, requiring a call (which provides device and visit information) to our servers in order for the pixel to be rendered in those web pages and emails. We use pixels to learn more about your interactions with email content or web content, such as whether you interacted with campaign email or posts. Pixels can also enable us and third parties to place cookies on your browser.
- Local Storage – Local storage enables a website or application to store information locally on your device(s). Local storage may be used to improve the experience, for example, by enabling features, remembering your preferences and speeding up site functionality.
- Chesapeake Regional Information System for Our Patient (CRISP) – Health Information Exchange serving Maryland, the District of Columbia and surrounding areas
- Collective Medical Technologies (CMT) – Health Information Exchange serving many states including Washington, Oregon, California, Massachusetts, Virginia and others
- NC HealthConnex – Health Information Exchange serving North Carolina (coming soon)
- Healthshare Exchange of Southeastern Pennsylvania (HSX) – Health Information Exchange serving Southeaster Pennsylvania (coming soon)
- Audacious Inquiry – Health Information Exchange serving Florida (coming soon)
What are these technologies used for?
Below we describe the purposes for which we use these technologies.
- Performance, analytics and research – Cookies and similar technologies help us learn more about how well our website perform in different locations. We or our service providers use these technologies to understand, improve, and research products, features and services, including as you navigate through our site or when you access our site from other sites, applications or devices. We, or our service providers, use these technologies to determine and measure the performance of posts on and off our website and to learn whether you have interacted with our website, content or emails and provide analytics based on those interactions.
- Internet Advertising Bureau (US)
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EU)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (EU)
You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following Web sites:
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Blocks cookies by default and accepts cookies only from your current domain. To change click Safari, Preferences, Security and choose your preference.